Minden Hills Staff and Council would like to thank all the Committee and Board members, the Fire Department and all those individuals who volunteer their time to assist in the many Township events and programs. Your continued commitment and enthusiasm in helping develop our community is greatly appreciated. Minden Hills wouldn’t be the wonderful place it is without all of you!
Every year on Canada Day, the tranquil Gull River turns into a friendly froth as homemade rafts race from Minden’s Rotary Park to the downtown Bridge.
This year’s event is in need of a “Race Director” who can assist with the coordination of the race.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Elisha Weiss at 705-286-1936 x 203 or email@example.com
2018 Volunteer Awards
The Township of Minden Hills places great importance on recognizing our youth, volunteers, and those who go above and beyond for this community. We are proud to promote the following awards:
Minden Hills Community Awards
1. ROSS RIGNEY AWARD: For a youth between the ages of 12-19 that demonstrates noteworthy achievements and contributions to the community of Minden Hills on a voluntary basis.
2. MH GOOD NEIGHBOR AWARD: For an individual who has displayed activities that embody a strong sense of values, promoting the positive impact of good neighbourly deeds and contribute to the vitality and fabric of the community.
3. GORD MONK AWARD: For an individual who has demonstrated extensive volunteerism over an extended period of time in multiple areas of service to our community.
4. ARTS & CULTURE AWARD: For an individual or group for significant contribution to the art and culture life of Minden Hills through the development, support, preservation or promotion of local heritage, culture, music, visual, performing or literary arts.
5. SPORTS & RECREATION AWARD: For an individual, team or group whose athletic accomplishments have brought fame to themselves and their community and/or those that exemplify healthy active living in Minden Hills.
6. TRILLIUM AWARD: For any individual, group or business whose horticultural, community beautification, civic pride, protection, conservation or enhancement of the environment efforts support the Communities in Bloom Program.
How to Submit a Nomination
Township of Minden Hills Community Services Department
55 Parkside Street
Township of Minden Hills
Community Services Department “Volunteer Awards Program”
7 Milne Street, PO Box 359
Minden, ON K0M 2K0
You can also download the Volunteer Awards Nomination Form or submit online below:
Submission Deadline is October 31, 2018, 12:00 noon.
Call 705-286-1936 ext. 5 for information.
Congratulations to the 2016 Volunteer Awards recipients:
- Yvonne Hogg-Summers, recipient of the Good Neighbour Award
- John & Renie Legemaate, recipients of the Gordon A. Monk Award
Your dedication to the community is much appreciated, and we thank you! Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the above awards.
The province offers multiple awards to honour Ontarians who have made outstanding contributions to community life. Recognition is given to longstanding volunteers, youth and students, seniors, and more through the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade.
Please visit the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigrations website for more information.