Taxation & Finance Information
As a result of the continued reduction in services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following updates are in effect:
Tax Statements for Income Tax Purposes:
Requests for Tax Statements can be made in person or mailed to the following address, or placed in the Township drop box labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp. Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box.
Township of Minden Hills
PO Box 359, #7 Milne Street
Minden, ON K0M 2K0
Please include your name, the property roll number, a mailing address, as well as an email address and/or phone number with your request. Requests will be emailed if an email address is provided; otherwise the statement will be mailed through Canada Post.
Requests must be accompanied by a cheque for the applicable fee of $10.00, for each property roll.
Requests will be processed in accordance with COVID19 safety protocols, so please allow a minimum of two (2) weeks for processing.
If your request does not include all of the required information or fee, the Township will not be held responsible for any delays in providing the requested information.
2021 Property Tax Installment Dates:
The due dates for the final residential tax bills are July 23rd and September 17th, 2021.
Final commercial tax bills will be mailed in August with due dates of September 17th and November 19th, 2021.
Interest at the rate of one and one quarter percent (1 ¼%) per month will be levied against taxes owing for previous years (2020 and older). Penalty will be charged on overdue 2021 taxes at the rate of one and one quarter percent (1 ¼%) per month.
Ten (10) month plan and Arrears plan payments will be deducted on the last business day of each month. If you have any questions regarding your preauthorized payment plan or post-dated cheques, please call (705) 286-1260, extension 501.
While the following payment methods are available, the Township would like to encourage account holders to enrol in one of our pre-authorized payment plans, or to sign up for on-line or telephone banking through their financial institution:
- Cash and debit.
- On-line or telephone banking.
- Payment at financial institutions.
- Cheque-by mail or deposit in the drop box. The secure (locked) drop box is labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp.
Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box.
Payment of all Vendor Accounts (Accounts Payable):
- Invoices can be mailed or placed in the Township Drop Box (see Drop Box details above), however, vendors are encouraged to email invoices and relevant attachments to: email@example.com.
- Vendors are also encouraged to enrol in the Township’s EFT payment plan. If you have not received an enrolment form with our most recent payment, please download the Vendor Payment Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form or call (705) 286-1260, extension 503.
- If you have not enrolled in the EFT payment plan please ensure that invoices include a current mailing address. Please allow ten (10) business days following the applicable Council meeting approval date for delivery.
Property Assessment Values and Assessment Review Board:
The deadline for filing a Request for Reconsideration (RfR) is provided on your assessment notice. For further information please check the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) website at https://www.mpac.ca/ for any updates.
For information regarding Assessment Review Board deferrals and timelines, please refer to the Board’s website under News and Updates: https://elto.gov.on.ca/
Visit the Tax Information page of our website for more information.