A reminder to the ratepayers of Minden Hills that oil, anti-freeze and hydraulic lubricant containers are accepted at all Minden Hills Landfill and Transfer Station locations for recycling. This service is FREE of charge to residents of Minden Hills. The following considerations are requested by the Township when bringing your containers to the landfills/transfer stations:
- Ensure that all pails and containers are empty of liquid. Only a small residue should remain.
- Remove all pail lids and place lids in the bags with the oil jugs.
- Do not put pails in the bags.
- Ensure that all pail lids are metal free.
- Stack pails. Keep the lid on the top pail to prevent liquid from gathering in the pail.
- Replace the cap on all oil jugs after draining. This prevents pooling of oil in the bottom of the bag.
For more information on recycling, or for landfill related inquiries, please visit the Environmental Services, Landfill & Recycling Operations page of our website or contact the Environmental & Property Operations Manager at email@example.com.