For Immediate Release
Monday December 20, 2021
Subject: Minden Hills COVID-19 Update – Service Reductions
Effective December 21, 2021, Township facilities are closed to the public, until further notice. This measure was undertaken based on recommendation by the local Medical Officer of Health for the Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes Pine Ridge (HKPR) District Health Unit and in response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic. The Township’s first priority is for the protection of the public and staff.
As a result of the closures, the following are in effect:
- Scheduled in-person meetings with staff from all Municipal Departments will be on an as needed basis and BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Landfills remain OPEN with regular levels of service being provided at this time.
- Building inspections will occur on a case by case basis.
- Building and Planning applications will continue to be processed.
- The Agnes Jamieson Gallery and Cultural Centre is closed to the public.
- The Gymnasium and Walking Track at the Minden Hills Community Centre/Recreation Complex/SG Nesbitt Memorial Arena are closed to the public. The arena ice pad remains available for booking.
- Public Skating and ice programs are limited to a maximum of 25 participants. Please call ahead to ensure space is available at 705-286-1936 ext. 554.
- Administrative call answering services will remain available between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM Monday to Friday, 705-286-1260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or please contact staff directly at their email or personal extension.
We are asking the public to restrict inquiries to township priority requests only and please understand that it may take longer to reply to messages as staff handle increased phone and email inquiries.
The health and safety of the community is our priority and we will continue to provide updates as information becomes available to us. We encourage everyone to visit our website at www.mindenhills.ca, as well as the following websites, for up to date news and information:
- Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit – https://www.hkpr.on.ca/
- Public Health Ontario – https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Ministry of Health – https://www.ontario.ca/page/government-ontario
- Health Canada – https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Thank you for your understanding as we work toward keeping our community safe and healthy.
To receive important information and updates, including in the event of an emergency, please subscribe to the Minden Hills website. Do this by simply clicking the Subscribe Here button, located at the bottom of the Minden Hills website, and complete the following:
- Name and email address
- Select any or all of the options listed to receive notifications.
- You will receive a confirmation email thanking you for subscribing.
IMPORTANT: Check your spam folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
The Municipality will continue to communicate all information by means of media broadcasting and media releases to radio stations, local newspapers and our website.
For Municipal Emergency contact after hours call: 1-866-856-3247
For Emergency Services call: 911
Trisha McKibbin, CAO/Clerk
Township of Minden Hills
PO Box 359, 7 Milne Street
Minden, ON K0M 2K0