We offer the following methods to pay your taxes:
- Pre-authorized payment or telephone/internet banking services of the CIBC, Bank of Montreal, TD Canada Trust, Royal Bank, Bank of Nova Scotia or any Canadian Credit Union.
- By Mail to our postal address; if you require a receipt please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- In Person by debit, cheque or cash at the Municipal Office, using the Pritchard Lane entrance.
Please note that if you use telephone or internet banking to pay your taxes, a separate account is required for each roll number. Your account is the 19 digit roll number found on your tax bill that starts with 4616. As we move forward with automatic uploading of payment information, it is even more important that you use the correct account information.
The Township will not be held responsible for any penalty or interest charges resulting from inaccurate account information. Please ensure that you are using the correct 19 digit number, and that each account is paid separately.
Pre-authorized Payment Plans
If you wish to pay by pre-authorized payment, the Township offers the following plans.
- 10 Month Payment Plan: February through June, payments are 10% of the previous year’s tax levy. July through November will be adjusted to reflect any increase/decrease in the current year’s total levy. Payments will be withdrawn on the last banking day of each month.
- 12 Month/Arrears Plan: a pre-approved amount will be withdrawn on the last business day of each month to clear up overdue taxes. Should you wish to use the 12 Month Plan for current tax payments, be advised that any portion of an installment not paid by the end of the month in which it is due will be subject to penalty. This is a set amount and is not automatically adjusted to account for tax increases; it is the owner’s responsibility to monitor their account balance and to contact the tax department to adjust the withdrawal amount should it not be sufficient to cover the levied amounts. Penalty will not be waived for any reason.
- Due Date Plan: amounts will be deducted on the due dates as provided on your tax bill.
Forms are available from the downloadable link provided here – Pre-authorized Payment Form, or in person at the Township office.