Where are the municipal offices located and how can I contact them?
The municipal Administration Office is located at 7 Milne Street, Minden Ontario. The main entrance is off Pritchard Lane and is fully accessible. For general inquiries, please call 705-286-1260 where you will be directed to the appropriate department.

Who do I contact for Building and By-law Issues?
For building and By-law Issue information please click here.

Who do I contact for general administration?
For general administration information please click here.

Who do I contact for Treasury and property taxes?
For Treasury and property tax information please click here.

Who do I call for Landfill information and Water/Wastewater?
For questions related to recycling please contact Environmental & Property Operations Manager.

It is in the interest of society as a whole and of the Municipality, and its ratepayers in particular, that the amount of waste material generated by private citizens and businesses be reduced; that wherever possible such materials be re-used or recycled; that the environment be protected from contamination by hazardous substances; and that the lifetime of existing and future Sanitary Landfill Sites be extended. Council has recently passed new by-laws in this regard and recycling is now mandatory. As well, clear bags only will commence effective January 1st, 2008. For a list of recycling material accepted at our landfill sites, kindly contact the main administration office (705) 286-1260.

Who do I call for general, non-emergency, fire related issues?

Mike Bekking (705) 286-1202
Deanna Smith (705) 286-1260 ext. 212


Who do I call for Planning and Development?

Donna Sisson (705) 286-1260 ext. 209


When are the tax bills levied for the Municipality?
Bills are sent out, twice a year, and each bill has two (2) instalments. Installments are usually due March, May, July and September.

Where can I pay my tax bill?
Taxes may be paid by the Telephone Banking Services of the CIBC, Bank of Montreal, TD Canada Trust Bank, Royal Bank or Bank of Nova Scotia. You may also pay your taxes in person at the Municipal Office, using the Pritchard Lane entrance or mail your payment to our postal address, or via preauthorized payment. If you require a receipt, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope. With the preauthorized payment plan method, installment amounts are taken from your bank account on the due dates. All that is required is to fill out the authorization form and send it in with a void cheque, at least two (2) weeks before the next instalment due date. Faxed copies are acceptable. Account must be in good standing with no overdue balances to participate.

Are post-dated cheques accepted?
Yes. Please contact the Finance Department at 705-286-1260 ext. 200 to obtain full details.

When are water and sewer charges levied for the Village of Minden?
Meters are read quarterly and the bills issued reflect the water meter readings.

How do I book the S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena or Community Centre?
For facility booking information please telephone (705) 286-1936 or email communitycentrebookings@mindenhills.ca

Is there a library and where is it?
The Minden branch of the Haliburton County Library is located at 174-176 Bobcaygeon Road, Minden and you may contact them directly at (705) 286-2491 or the Haliburton County Public Library, Minden Branch.