As the Province has moved into Stage 3 of Phase 2 of Ontario’s Action Plan, the Township of Minden Hills is cautiously entering the initial stages of planning and supporting events within the municipality. The safety, and health and well-being of our community is essential. All events will be considered and evaluated on a case by case basis, following the guidelines of current COVID-19 protocols and safety measures of the province, local Health Unit and Township.
In the event of a cancellation due to changing circumstances or updates to COVID-19 guidelines from the province, local Health Unit or Township, you will be contacted and issued a full refund. Thank you for your understanding.
Dawson Hamilton Memorial Rink
The Dawson Hamilton Memorial Rink, located on the grounds of the Minden Hills Cultural Centre is now open. Please read and abide by all rules and stay safe.
This Outdoor Ice Rink is self-regulated and participants will be required to adhere to the following Outdoor Rink COVID-19 safety rules and protocols:
- To encourage physical distancing, the maximum number of skaters permitted on the ice surface is 5 skaters to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
- Wearing a mask/face covering is required while on and off the ice at the facility.
- Recreational skating only.
- No sports equipment is permitted i.e. no nets, sticks, pucks.
- No gameplay is permitted i.e. no hockey.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from anyone outside of your household.
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell or have signs/symptoms of COVID-19
- CSA approved helmets are strongly recommended for all skaters.
- Participants should be aware of high-touch areas and wash/sanitize hands thoroughly before, during and after visiting the outdoor rink.
- Washrooms are closed.
- Use at own risk.
Failure to follow these regulations will result in the closure of the rink.
For more information on Township events, please contact Elisha Weiss, Community Event Coordinator at
705-286-2808 or email@example.com