The safety, and health and well-being of our community is essential. All events will be considered and evaluated on a case by case basis, following the guidelines of current COVID-19 protocols and safety measures of the province, local Health Unit and Township.
In the event of a cancellation due to changing circumstances or updates to COVID-19 guidelines from the province, local Health Unit or Township, you will be contacted and issued a full refund. Thank you for your understanding.
Saturday May 7, 2022, we will celebrate the grand opening of the newly renovated Minden Hills Community Centre/Recreation Complex/S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena.
We welcome everyone in the community to come and join us in our beautifully redesigned and recently re-opened multi-use facility for a tour, friendly conversation and refreshments. The event will run from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Beginning at 11:00 AM, this exciting day will include a piped in opening ceremony, ribbon cutting, and recognition of the many volunteers that contributed to the project. In addition, the following exciting activities will be offered:
On the Ice:
- Minden Figure Skating show 11:30 AM to 12:15 PM
- Highland Storm scrimmage 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Public Skating with the Huskies 1:45 PM to 2:45 PM
In the Gymnasium:
- Half the court will feature a basketball free throw contest for prizes; and
- Half the court will have “TRY IT” stations, including one court of pickleball, and one court of badminton, plus equipment available for use.
In the Fitness Center:
- Demonstrations by Matrix Fitness on of how to use new equipment throughout the day at 30-minute intervals.
A Health and Wellness Expo in the Community Centre:
- Featuring Karate/Martial Arts /Tai Chi; and
- Other local organizations that use the Community Centre throughout the year.
- Demonstration of the new recreation program registration booking software Perfect Minds by Staff
- Township of Minden Hills Fundraising Committee Information
- Haliburton Huskies dressing room tours and player meet and greets
- Scavenger hunt for kids
- More prizes
- Special cupcakes and refreshments
Since the project’s ground-breaking ceremony on May 1, 2019, the facility has undergone an unparalleled transformation to create a brand new arena, fitness centre, walking track, and gymnasium. New additions also included accessible features such as a new elevator, and accessible seating and viewing areas.
The grand opening, originally scheduled for March 2020, was postponed due to public health recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic. The wait has only increased our excitement to share this new space with the community, making the grand opening a much-anticipated event.
For questions about the event, please call the Community Services Department at 705-286-1260 x 552. For more information, visit the Township of Minden Hills website at www.mindenhills.ca
For more information on Township events, please contact Elisha Weiss, Community Event Coordinator at
705-286-2808 or email@example.com