For information on how to get your COVID-19 Vaccine, please visit the HKPR website at: https://www.hkpr.on.ca/2021/09/01/vaccination-clinics/.
Mar 1, 2022:
- Media Release 22-09 - COVID-19 UPDATE - Entry Requirements for Municipal Facilities
Feb 16, 2022:
- Media Release 22-07 - COVID-19 UPDATE - Municipal Services Update
Jan 27, 2022:
- Media Release 22-05 - COVID-19 UPDATE - Recreation Facilities and Cultural Centre Reopening with Limited Use
Jan 4, 2022:
- Media Release 22-01 - COVID-19 UPDATE - Minden Hills Community Centre/Recreation Complex/S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena
Dec 20, 2021:
Sept 20, 2021:
August 3, 2021:
April 14, 2021:
April 1, 2021:
March 16, 2021:
January 29, 2021:
- Media Release 21-01 Preparing for the Safe and Gradual Opening of the New Minden Hills Community Centre and S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena
December 22, 2020:
August 7, 2020:
May 15, 2020:
- Media Release 20-32 Minden Hills COVID-19 Update - Suspension of Events, Construction Activities and MNRF Fire Ban-Burn Permits
May 8, 2020:
- Media Release 20-29 Minden Hills COVID-19 Update, Construction Industry (Septic Permits)
April 28, 2020:
April 22, 2020:
April 9, 2020:
- Media Release 20-25 Minden Hills COVID-19 Easter Weekend Short-Term Rentals Contact Information
- Media Release 20-24 - Joint Letter to the Construction Industry - Essential Services List COVID-19 04.09.20
April 6, 2020:
April 3, 2020:
April 2, 2020:
March 27, 2020:
March 25, 2020:
March 20, 2020:
March 18, 2020:
- Media Release 20-12-Minden Hills COVID-19 Additional Facility Closures
- Media Release 20-11-Minden Hills COVID-19 Declaration of Emergency Status
March 17, 2020:
The Township of Minden Hills Administrative offices are closed to the public until further notice. Scheduled in-person meetings with staff from all Municipal Departments will be on an as needed basis and BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For information regarding the provincial Road Map to Reopening, please visit:https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario#section-2
Parks, Recreation, Community and Cultural Services:
These facilities are closed, and all Township events and programs have been cancelled or suspended until further notice.
All public washrooms and portable toilets (port-a-potties) are closed.
Landfills remain open with regular levels of service being provided at this time.
The Building Department will continue to conduct building inspections upon request subject to the following requirements:
- Anyone in the building during the inspection must be wearing a mask and practice social distancing;
- Anyone not wearing a mask must leave the building until the Township Building Officials have completed their inspection and left the building, or relocate to another area of the building where no inspections will be occurring and no contact will be made with the Building Officials.
Failure to comply with the above will result in inspection being cancelled and rescheduled to a time when compliance with the requirements can be met.
For more information, please contact the Building/Bylaw/Planning department at 705-286-1260.
Council meetings are conducted virtually via web conference and Closed Session meetings via teleconference, until further notice.
Please visit the Committee of the Whole and Council page of our website for more information and to access the live stream link for the meeting.
Please note the following amendments to operations at waste sites:
Hours of Operation:
- There are no changes to hours of operation at any site. Waste Sites are currently operating under normal winter hours.
Contactless payment options is preferred at Scotch Line and Ingoldsby. If paying by cash, the Township asks that you provide exact change for payment of items where tipping fees apply.
Tipping fees can be found on the Township of Minden Hills’ website at https://mindenhills.ca/environmental-services/landfill-operations/.
Site users are required to wear masks while outside of their vehicles within the waste facility.
Practicing Safe Site Usage:
- Sites are experiencing higher than normal volume this year; please be patient and wait for space to open up at each drop off location before proceeding to dispose of waste.
- Maintain social distance from site staff and other site users.
- We strongly encourage you to use hand sanitizer after attending the site, and to thoroughly wash your hands as soon as possible.
- Avoid touching railings, bins, door handles and other objects on site.
For more information on Landfill Operations, including some service reductions, refer to the
Landfill Operations page of our website.
The Township of Minden is monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as declared by the World Health Organization (WHO).
We are collectively working together to put into effect community based measures that will protect the general population in Minden Hills and our surroundings, in order to do our part to slow the spread of the virus.
New information continues to be communicated by the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario regarding preventative measures for communities. This information can be accessed by clicking the links provided under the HELPFUL LINKS heading.
We will also share important and useful communications from our community partners. These can be accessed by clicking on the links provided under the SHARED COMMUNICATIONS heading.
Another way to stay up to date is to subscribe to our website by clicking the Subscribe Here button, located at the bottom of the web page, and by completing the following:
- Name and email address
- Select any or all of the options listed to receive notifications.
- You will receive a confirmation email thanking you for subscribing. IMPORTANT: Check your spam folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
We will continue to communicate all information by means of media broadcasting and media releases to radio stations, local newspapers and our website.
For Municipal Emergency contact after hours call: 1-866-856-3247
For Emergency Services call: 911