Changes in Tax Due Date and Other Taxation & Finance Information
As a result of the continued reduction in services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following updates are in effect:
- The due date for the 1st installment of the 2020 Interim Tax billing has been further extended to May 29, 2020;
- The due date of the 2nd installment of the 2020 Interim Tax Billing has been extended to June 26, 2020.
Payment of Accounts:
- Cash and debit payments have been suspended;
- Please refer to the following table for all other payment methods:
- The secure (locked) drop box (as noted in the above table) is labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp, please look for the sign with the red arrow in the window;
- Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box; and
- Preauthorized payment plan withdrawals will continue as originally scheduled. Ten (10) month plan payments will be deducted on the last business day of each month. The installment plan payments will be withdrawn on May 22nd, 2020. Post-dated cheques on file will also be deposited on the dates as indicated on the cheques. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your preauthorized payment plan or post-dated cheques, please call 705-286-1260, extension 201.
- While due dates have been extended, we encourage account holders to utilize the payment methods noted above, and to submit payments as soon as reasonably possible.
Payment of all Vendor Accounts (Accounts Payable):
- Will continue according to normal processes;
- Due to the office closure, invoices must be mailed or placed in the Township Drop Box – see Drop Box details above.
- Please ensure that invoices include your current mailing address, as the ability to pick-up your cheque at any Township facility has been suspended.
- Cheques will be mailed. The Township does not have the ability to EFT payments at this time, and courier services will not be utilized.
Property Assessment Values and Assessment Review Board:
The Request for Reconsideration (RfR) deadline is usually March 31 of the applicable taxation year. However, given the emergency declared by the Province of Ontario, pursuant to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and regulations made thereunder, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, (MPAC) has announced that the RfR deadline for the 2020 taxation year will be 16 days after the emergency is lifted. https://www.mpac.ca/
For information regarding Assessment Review Board deferrals and timelines, please refer to the Board’s website under News and Updates: https://elto.gov.on.ca/
Visit the Tax Information page of our website for more information.