Changes in Tax Due Date and Other Taxation & Finance Information
As a result of the continued reduction in services due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following updates are in effect:
2020 Property Tax Installment Dates:
Residential, Farmlands and Managed Forests:
- May 29th
- June 26th
- July 24th
- September 18th
Commercial, Industrial and Multi-Residential:
- September 18th
- November 20th
HOWEVER, late payment charges shall be suspended on all tax installments that are unpaid by the due dates. Interest at the rate of one and one quarter percent (1 ¼%) per month shall be charged on the first (1st) day following December 4, 2020, on all due and unpaid 2020 taxes.
Interest at the rate of one and one quarter percent (1 ¼%) per month will continue to be levied against taxes owing for previous years (2019 and older).
Preauthorized payment plan withdrawals will continue as originally scheduled. Ten (10) month plan and Arrears plan payments will be deducted on the last business day of each month. The installment plan payments will be withdrawn on July 24th and September 18th, 2020. Post-dated cheques on file will also be deposited on the dates as indicated on the cheques.
If you have any questions regarding your preauthorized payment plan or post-dated cheques, please call (705) 286-1260, extension 201.
We encourage account holders to utilize the payment methods available, and to submit payments as soon as reasonably possible.
• Cash and debit payments are currently suspended.
• On-line or telephone banking.
• Payment at financial institutions.
• Cheque-by mail or deposit in the drop box. The secure (locked) drop box is labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp.
Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box.
Payment of all Vendor Accounts (Accounts Payable):
- Will continue according to normal processes;
- Due to the office closure, invoices must be mailed or placed in the Township Drop Box – see Drop Box details above.
- Please ensure that invoices include your current mailing address, as the ability to pick-up your cheque at any Township facility has been suspended.
- Cheques will be mailed. The Township does not have the ability to EFT payments at this time, and courier services will not be utilized.
Property Assessment Values and Assessment Review Board:
The Request for Reconsideration (RfR) deadline is usually March 31 of the applicable taxation year. However, given the emergency declared by the Province of Ontario, pursuant to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and regulations made thereunder, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, (MPAC) has announced that the RfR deadline for the 2020 taxation year will be 16 days after the emergency is lifted. https://www.mpac.ca/
For information regarding Assessment Review Board deferrals and timelines, please refer to the Board’s website under News and Updates: https://elto.gov.on.ca/
Visit the Tax Information page of our website for more information.