Changes in Tax Due Date and Other Taxation & Finance Information
The first installment of the 2020 Interim Tax Billing has been extended to April 24, 2020, without penalty or interest.
Payment of Accounts:
- Cash and debit payments have been suspended;
- Please refer to the following table for all other payment methods:
- The secure (locked) drop box (as noted in the above table) is labelled and located on the north wall of the Administration building facing Pritchard Lane and the Municipal parking lot. It is accessed from the wheelchair entrance and is at the top of the first ramp, please look for the sign with the red arrow in the window;
- Absolutely no cash is to be deposited in the drop box; and
- Interest and penalties for non-payment of other accounts (see above table) will be suspended until April 24, 2020 as well.
- While due dates have been extended, we encourage account holders to utilize the payment methods noted above, and to submit payments as soon as reasonably possible.
Payment of all Vendor Accounts (Accounts Payable):
- Will continue according to normal processes;
- Due to the office closure, invoices must be mailed or placed in the Township Drop Box – see Drop Box details above.
- Please ensure that invoices include your current mailing address, as the ability to pick-up your cheque at any Township facility has been suspended.
- Cheques will be mailed. The Township does not have the ability to EFT payments at this time, and courier services will not be utilized.
Property Assessment Values and Assessment Review Board:
The Request for Reconsideration (RfR) deadline is usually March 31 of the applicable taxation year. However, given the emergency declared by the Province of Ontario, pursuant to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and regulations made thereunder, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, (MPAC) has announced that the RfR deadline for the 2020 taxation year will be 16 days after the emergency is lifted. https://www.mpac.ca/
For information regarding Assessment Review Board deferrals and timelines, please refer to the Board’s website under News and Updates: https://elto.gov.on.ca/
Visit the Tax Information page of our website for more information.