Community Improvement Plan
Call for Volunteers: Community Improvement Plan Task Force
The Township of Minden Hills is currently seeking interested individuals to participate on a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) Task Force. The CIP Task Force is being created as a mechanism for additional public engagement and input throughout the process to work with the Consulting Firm hired to develop a CIP for Minden Village.
Community Improvement Plans are authorized under the Planning Act to allow municipalities to guide positive growth and change in an area. Specifically, CIPs allow a municipality to:
- assist with the provision of affordable housing and improving energy efficiency;
- facilitate and encourage community change in a coordinated manner;
- provide municipal incentive-based programs to stimulate private-sector activity;
- acquire, hold, clear, or otherwise prepare land for community improvement; and,
- construct, repair, rehabilitate or improve buildings on municipal land.
If interested, please submit your name and contact information together with a short statement of any relevant interest and/or experience in the matter with “CIP Task Force” in the subject line by mail or e-mail to:
Community Improvement Plan Task Force Applications
C/O Clerk’s Department
Township of Minden Hills
P.O. Box 359 – 7 Milne Street
Minden, Ontario, K0M 2K0
Deadline to submit is Thursday, July 28, 2018.