The Corporations of the Township of Algonquin Highlands, the Township of Minden Hills, the Municipality of Dysart et al and the Municipality of Highlands East, are currently seeking interested applicants from professionals who are required to adhere to codes of standards of their profession, and other individuals with in depth knowledge of the campaign financing rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 for appointment to a Joint Compliance Audit Committee.
The Joint Compliance Audit Committee has full delegation of the authority in the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, to address applications requesting an audit of a candidate’s election campaign finances. This authority includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Review applications and grant or reject audit requests
- Where an audit is granted, appoint an auditor and review the audit report
- Where indicated, decide whether legal proceedings shall be commenced.
The Joint Compliance Audit Committee will consist of members appointed by each Council. Committee members must have the ability to understand and apply the election campaign finance provisions of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 and should be considered impartial with respect to their ability to fulfill their responsibilities. Preference shall be given to candidates that have applicable experience in accounting, law, law enforcement and academics from related fields.
- Accounting and audit – accountants or auditors with experience in preparing or auditing the financial statements of municipal candidates;
- Academic – college or university professors with expertise in political science or local government administration;
- Legal; and
- Other individuals with knowledge of the campaign financing rules of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
Members of the public interested in serving on this Committee are asked to submit a resume, and covering letter, marked “Confidential” no later than Noon on November 30, 2021 to:
Robyn Rogers, Clerk
Corporation of the Municipality of Highlands East
2249 Loop Road, P.O. Box 295
For further information, please contact Robyn Rogers, Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying, but only the selected candidates will be contacted. Personal information and supporting material is collected and used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.