2017 Post Flood Information & Assistance
Tax Appeals under Section 357 of the Municipal Act
If your home or cottage experienced damage due to the recent flooding, you may be eligible for property tax relief from the Township. Section 357 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, allows applications for tax adjustments for structures that are damaged and substantially unusable; or if repairs/renovations to the structure are preventing normal use and will take in excess of 90 days to complete.
The deadline to apply for the 2017 tax year is February 28, 2018.
Application forms (Section 357) may be downloaded from the link below, or are available at the Township office, or by calling the tax department at (705) 286-1260.
Post Flood Public Meeting
The Township of Minden Hills held a Post Flood Public Meeting at the Minden Community Centre on Tues July 18, 2017 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm to provide an opportunity for individuals to ask questions and provide input etc. regarding past and future water levels in Minden Hills. If you missed the meeting and wish to view the presentations made by the Township and Parks Canada, you can do so by downloading them below:
- Post Flood Public Meeting Slide Show – 2017-07-18
- Parks Canada – Minden Hills Post Flood Meeting (Water Mgnt Pres) July 18 2017
The information below has been provided to assist those who have been affected by the 2017 Spring Flood event.
- Canadian Red Cross 2017 Ontario Spring Floods: Assistance towards Recovery Information
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Ministry of Housing: 2017 Minden Hills Flood Activation
- Disaster Recovery Assistance for Ontarian’s Information
- MH Media Release #17-51 – Disaster Recovery Assistance for Ontarian’s Information
- Property Tax Relief for Flood Affected Property Owners – Section 357 Application Form