Renewal Options for the
S.G. Nesbitt Memorial Arena
The submission period is now over. Thank you to all who participated in completing a survey.
Any inquiries, questions or requests for additional background information can be directed to Mark Coleman, Director of Community Services, email@example.com, 705-286-1936 ext. 201.
Please visit the “Sports Facilities” rental page for information on how to reserve ice time.
Skate and helmet rentals are not available.
SENIOR/ADULT SKATE: Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Cost is $2.00 per participant
PUBLIC SKATE: Every Sunday* and Wednesday 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Cost is $2.00 per participant.
Additional segments are added during Christmas and March Break holidays – please contact the Community Services Department at 705-286-1936 to confirm specific dates, or check the local newspapers.
*Sunday availability depends upon tournament schedule, please contact the facility to confirm.
Please Note: All children 10 years and under must wear a CSA approved helmet. Helmets are recommended for all skaters. All children 10 years and under must be accompanied by a guardian 14 years or older.
There is No Public Skating on the following dates due to Hockey Tournaments:
- October: 15, 22 & 23
- December: 3, 10 & 11
- March: 11 & 12
Please note that Ice Skate Sharpening is not available on site.
Haliburton County is home to the Highland Storm Minor Hockey League. Please visit www.highlandstorm.org for more information.
The S.G. Nesbitt Arena is home to the Minden Skating Club. Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/mindenskates/ for more information.
The Arena features a Snack Bar which is open during Minor Hockey League, Figure Skating events, Sunday Public Skating and Christmas and March Break holidays.
Rules & Safety
- Helmets are strongly recommended by staff and the Ontario Recreation Facility Association (ORFA).
- No hockey sticks, pucks, or chairs allowed on the ice during Public Skating
- No playing “tag” or skating backwards
- Skate and rental schedules are based on a 50 minute hour, meaning the last 10 minutes of the rental is used for ice flooding / re-freshening
- No participants allowed onto the ice surface until the Ice Re-surfacer door is closed and in the down position